Young artists may want to start thinking about creating Art work to enter into the Teen Art Competition of the North Oakland County Art Festival, being held on August 14-16 at Olde World Canterbury Village in Lake Orion, Michigan. The Teen Art Competition invites kids ages 13-19, or grades 9-12, to submit their Art work to be publicly displayed at the Event, and also for the opportunity to win a cash prize! The Art work entered will be placed in a tent labeled “Teen Art Competition”. The Teen Art Competition encourages kids to use more of their imagination and creativity when they know that their work is going to be submitted to a high quality Art show for public display and with the opportunity to win cash!
- All entries must be original and unaided by other people.
- Art work medium acceptance categories include Painting, Clay, Fiber, Jewelry, Glass, Wood, Print Making, photography, multi-Media, Sculpture, Metal, drawing, digital or other.
- Each entry is $3, maximum two entries per person.
- To obtain an application, please go to the website, www.HotWorks.org or send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to North Oakland County Art Festival, PO Box 79, Milford, MI 48381-0079 and an application will be mailed to you.
- Each entry will be individually judged by participating artists.
- Four prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for Best Teen Artist; and three $50 prizes.
- The winners of 2009 Teen Art Competition will be photographed and posted on the North Oakland County Art Festival website, www.HotWorks.org, for people to view.
- Completed applications with a photograph of Art work must be post marked by July 1, 2009.
- Actual Art work is to be delivered to the Event sight at Olde World Canterbury Village, Lake Orion, on Thursday, August 13, between 4pm-7pm and picked up on Sunday, August 16, between 3pm-7pm. Any Art work not picked up becomes property of Event.
The National Association for Independent Artists has asked Art shows nationwide to implement ways in which we can help teach Communities on how Art work is made, and to get more of the community involved with our Events. Institute for the Arts and Education, Inc., a 501(c)(3) is a Non-Profit charitable Organization to educate and promote Fine Arts and Crafts among artists, students and the general public. An essential component of Institute for the Arts & Education is the invitation to local young artists from the schools to have their Art work displayed and judged by the same Art Professionals. Also, there are ongoing demonstrations by artists at work in their specialized mediums and children’s Art activities.
Professional Artist applications for the North Oakland County Art Festival are open for entry and are due by May 1, 2009. You may obtain an application at www.HotWorks.org or call 248-684-2613 to request one to be mailed to you. For younger artists, entries for Youth Art Competition, for kids ages 5-12 or grades K-8, are also available for the Orchard Lake Fine Art Show on July 24-26. For more information, contact Patty Narozny at 248-684-2613 or go to www.HotWorks.org.